Thursday, February 28, 2008

Developing Runescape Fan Sites

Very interesting article from Global Runescape Herald (at least for me). A fellow Runescape fan site owner shares some of the development details and history behind his site. Quite fascinating, actually. I think, I should write something like that when Runewise reaches 1000 users per day or something along these lines. Now we are about 10 times smaller :-)

What frustrates me a bit is unwillingness of Runescape fan sites to cooperate with each other. Somehow, everyone feels like being a fierce competitor out there. Again and again I hit the wall when trying to establish connections with other sites, the sites I like, use, promote and will promote. And most of the time it is not a refusal, but total silence and unwillingness to communicate. That upsets me, I would prefer an honest 'no, we are too big to bother' instead. Oh, well. Looks like, I am ranting...

There are exceptions though. Runetower is our oldest friend, in fact, Joost offered a partnership to Runewise, when we had about 10 visitors a day (comparing to Runetower's 800 at the time)! How unselfish is that! TruthScape is a new partner and it looks like Qeltar really looked at the services Runewise provides rather than to our size. I am grateful for that.

Well, what is my point here? I don't know, I guess, I am really ranting. But if you have a fan site (no matter how small it is, assuming it is not a cheating one) and would like to partner, please, let me know. I'll link you from Runewise and I will also include you into my daily search of Runescape content for the Reader's Digest.

And, finally, my friends and readers, please, spread a word about Runewise and the Reader's Digest. Thank you!

8 comments:

Timothy Gold said...

And thank you!

Besides Tip It, Runewise is the only other RS help site I have in my Favourites. ;-)

Vaskor said...

Thank you, Tim!

Anonymous said...

perhaps u wud b interrestid in alliance wit my FunOrb fansite. it is vry small rite now but we r growing!!!!!

http://funorbhelp.googlepages.com

Vaskor said...

Interesting site you have there, hard to read though :-) I hope you'll keep up filling it with content. I added your site to the links page on Runewise. it would be great if you link Runewise and/or Runescape Reader's Digest too.

Joost said...

Thanks Vaskor :) , I think quality and dedication is more important then visitors, well for affiliation that is.

Anonymous said...

k i will add link caus ur nise

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, man again.

i made a link page and added link 2 both site, i didnt rly expect u 2 link 2 me caus my site kinda sux, but thanks!!! :)

Vaskor said...

Thank you! Your site is a unique one, good luck in growing it :-)

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower