Friday, February 1, 2008

Runescape Player Mods

Found this post today. Ouch...

There is some controversy in there, so to set things straight from the beginning: I respect player mods and I am very grateful for what they are doing to the Runescape community. I've never wanted to become a player mod in Runescape myself. I am doing my volunteering at Runewise and IRL - becoming a player mod would be simply too much for me.

But back to the article. I've always taken the Runescape PMods program rules for granted. It is what it is, end of discussion. But I've seen players complaining about PMods not being able to make an impact to the game and I've also seen PMods responding that they don't really have power to fix anything. Now this article gives a good explanation why Jagex would restrict the PMods program so much. In any case, worth reading.

2 comments:

aly. said...

Hmm. Interesting perspective. Apart from how plausible it seems. Now all those claims of nepotism seem less, unexpected.

Still. If they didn't have that 'don't go out of your way to help' policy, pmods would just die, with nothing much to fall back on.

If it helps any, there's another link, with an article http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/log/2000/09/21/ultima_volunteers/ Says the volunteers had to log on for a fixed amount of time every week. Somehow I don't think Jagex's going to have a problem far as this's concerned.

Just a thought though. No one seems to say anything about legal action the other way round. If Jagex increased pmod powers, they hypothetically also could include a clause. Step on my toes and me with my corporate lawyers behind me can sue the pants of you for abusing trust and suchlike. Would be a waste of time, would plausibly scare people into submission.

If they managed to win a case like *that* I don't see why that kinda move would be a problem.

Anonymous said...

hsbcstock ratespayday

Rodat's introduction was well-developed to city mark gordon, who attacked the station but thus remained the frequency after 11 banks.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower