Friday, March 14, 2008

Broken Spade and Runescape Achievements

I broke my spade today in Runescape. I didn't know it could be done before. Yes, I knew that pickaxes could be broken, woodcutting axes too, but I never made a connection. I mean until today, when my spade got broken. I used this spade for almost two years, I lent it multiple times to fellow farmers in need, but they would always return it back to me. And now it is broken.

But strange thing happened. After my initial astonishment passed, I suddenly realized that I achieved something. Something that 93 Farming couldn't give me, something that even 99 Farming wouldn't give. For the first time in my journey for the Farming cape I felt being a true Master Farmer.

Yes. I earned my seeds, I grew my crops, I trimmed my trees, I harvested and cared, and I broke my tools. And who cares what level I am today.
Today I am the Master Farmer.

11 comments:

Jax said...

Woot. Master Farmer Vaskor :D

Has a nice ring to it.

IVIilitarus said...

Broken Spade...cool !

Timothy Gold said...

Good for you, Vaskor, good for you... ;-)

Kitt said...

Wow grats! I've only broken my rake...

IVIilitarus said...

I've only broken my...n ope, I broke nuthin'

Vaskor said...

Thank you, my friends :-)

Anonymous said...

All hail the Master Farmer Vaskor!

Nope, never broken a farming implement here either.

Anonymous said...

I have broken 2 spades in my time, I was just as surprised when it first happened as you, I was also surprised when I had a lamp burn out as well.

Imagine if your spade broke at barrows or lamp burnt out mole hunting, could be a pain or even deadly.

I was going to keep my broken spade as a novelty item, soon cleared out when my bank got full.

Grats on your achievement anyway.

Vaskor said...

Thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

The question is, can you repair it, and if so, would you even want to take the time to do it? I also didnt know you could break it, wonder what the point of that is?
Also didn't know your lamp could burn out. Congrats on 99 farming, truly a tough skill to master in.

Vaskor said...

Thank you for the comment.
Yes, you can repair it just like a broken pickaxe, but I don't want to do it.
I don't have 99 Farming yet. Only 94 :-) I reckon it will be another half a year till I reach 99.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower