Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fight Pits and "Honor" Pkers

Inspired by Merch Gwyar's victory at Fight Pits, I decided to give it a try myself. I was avoiding the Pits before, as I heard all kind of dreadful stories about clans hunting people down there and about solo players not standing a chance, and I didn't like an idea about being piled, killed and abused at the same time. But Merch's story was rather comforting, plus I really wanted "them gloves"...

Anyway, I dressed in my best melee gear, took super set, a bunch of sharks and entered the waiting room. There were 15 people already in, including several 120+ players. Uh-oh. But before I had time to panic the game started. Remembering Merch's advice I went away from the center and stood still waiting for the action to die out. Soon enough only 4 players (including me) remained and I noticed that no one was fighting. I went to the center only to discover that the remaining people were indeed in a clan. One of them was 121 combat, while other two in high 90th. 121 combat player immediately attacked me, despite having only half health left. I was potted up, but still much to my surprise I killed the attacker in 3 or 4 hits. It happened so fast that other two remaining players didn't even join. But next moment they piled on me. It was a mess. I forgot to pray, but I was eating my sharks and occasionally landing rather heavy blows on my opponents. Soon, I was out of food, but one on one. Being higher combat and potted up, I won. It was a strange feeling, I came there for the first time and not expecting much and there I was the winner of the Fight Pits...

Well, I exited back to the waiting room and there the abuse started. Apparently, I violated all kinds of "honor pking" rules by eating during the fight. I was never called so many bad names before in my whole life... It was like an avalanche, and I stood there silently but overwhelmed by the raging hatred coming at me. Then suddenly the next round started and I was immediately attacked by 4 or 5 shouting "honor" pkers. There it was: piling, killing and abuse in its pure form. In a few seconds it was over. I left the waiting room and logged off.

Fortunately, there are always amazing things in this world, which have nothing to do with honor and killing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Congratulations! You are King of the Fight Pits!

I agree that it can be very intimidating in there, as 'honour' seems to consist of keeping yourself at every disadvantage while a clan of people kill you.

There is no dishonour in piling people, you notice that? In the Fight Pits, therefore, the worst crime is to survive.

Ignore them. I am so proud of your victory! Yay! Did you go and get your gloves?

Anonymous said...

I too went there for the first time, and also did it for the karmaja gloves. I ate, won, and was abused also. The "honor" flaming you is typical. They were just ticked they didn't win. Don't know how anyone can win soloing in there. Glad you were able to.

It's a free for all, there are no rules, you had to do what you had to do, I did it the same way.

Kitt said...

I congratulate you in actually beating people to be the champion. You are the better man by not responding to their childish behaviour.

Honor = Letting Them Win

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

If anything I would think the verbal abuse would make your victory all the sweeter.
It is good to win, but it is even better to win against a bunch of jerks.

Vaskor said...

Thank you, my friends!

Yes, I picked up the gloves today. They give an awesome teleport. Made a bunch of oomlie wraps too :-)

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower