Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Get Paid to Play Mechscape?

A few days ago I posted a link to Imre Jele's (Jagex’s Contents Chief) interview. I read it then, and it was quite insightful and interesting.

But look at this unusual conclusion Chris made based on this interview. Is there indeed a possibility that Jagex would make Mechscape open and legal for RWT (controlling it within the game itself)? I personally doubt it. For me it seems that Imre was talking about possibility for such games to exist, but not about Jagex's plans to embark on a game like that, and definitely not referring to Mechscape.

But what do I know? :-) The possibility is there.

1 comment:

Chris Cunliffe said...

Whilst I agree that the notion that Mechscape will be a paid to play MMORPG is very unlikely. It is still interesting to think that future MMORPGs might take up such a model.

I just wonder whether a paid to play style game would be popular? or would it go against gaming culture? and as such not be well adopted.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower