Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why do you do quests in Runescape?

Well, I personally like them (except for Mourning Ends Part 2 and Rat Catchers, of course). I find most of the quests pretty funny and entertaining and I am doing them without following any guides unless I am getting stuck completely.

But at the same time I know that many people dislike quests and do them only when they absolutely have to, for instance, to unlock a new skill or area on the map. And along the way they complain about "stupid Jagex making yet another dumb go-fetch-me-stuff quest". Kind of lame type of remark, don't you think? In this regard I was glad to see different attitude about the same issue from Topper (and I hope many other players like him). Here is the direct quote: "Doing all the parts that I don’t really enjoy makes the fun parts of the game… more fun."

Do I need to add anything else? I don't think so.

3 comments:

G said...

I've been trying to repress all memories of Rat Catchers since its completion...

Timothy Gold said...

A very good habit of Top's; procrastination won't get you anywhere.

But to answer the title question, I complete quests for their storylines mostly. Screenshots and the quest rewards are incentives which get me interested as well...

Anonymous said...

Hey, interesting post and VERY detailed, like it. I offer some runescape guides for the experienced players: http://mahin-runescapetips.blogspot.com/

Have a look, i even have a method of making 300k+ an hour. True.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower