Sunday, August 16, 2009

Four Arcticles about Runescape Questing

Being passionate about Runescape questing, I am very pleased with the latest Tip.it Times release. The whole paper (4 articles!) is dedicated to Runescape questing and all four articles are great and bring up good points.

The best reward in a quest is an adventure, and not a bunch of genie lamps you may get at the end! With rather limited amount of role-playing going on in Runescape, quests provide a great opportunity to dive into the fantasy world and experience it to the fullest (even if for a short time). And yet again, I'd like to encourage you to approach quests without using any guides. Yes, it'll take much longer to complete, but you'll get yourself a true adventure to live through.

I also agree with Necromagus that it would be nice to have more quest lines somehow logically completed. It is good to have a few loose ends here and there, but not so many! It is almost cruel to keep players waiting to hear an end of the story for several years.

And, finally, yes, My Arm's Big Adventure is near the top of my list of favorite quests too :-) If you haven't completed this quest yet, I envy you. Yeap, I really do.

The articles:

3 comments:

NeobotXP said...

I really do regret having used guides on some quests a few years ago. I have no recollection of big ones like underground pass and MEP2, for which I religiously followed tip.it.

Questing in RS is usually cited as its greatest feature by my ex-RS friends. It is one of the only mmos that won't have you 'talk to him, collect x of this' for a quest.

Aximili E I said...

I only use guides if and only if I'm stuck and the I prefer getting hints which is why I use the Quest help at jagex's site. Usually when I get stuck its because puzzles...The last time I used the quest help/guides was for the tale of the muspah which was the last quest I did(well last RS2 quest that is)...and is was sevarl quests before that one that as well that i uses a uest help/guide

I do find that sometimes the dag Quest help tells me what I already know that's irritating because then I have to resort to the guides which I prefer to use as minimally as possible...

Usually I check the rewards on the quests before I do them mainly to see if I want to do them or not... I think that has a lot to do with my playing style then anything else.

Now Treasure trails is guides the whole way those to me are money makers...I dont usually find them fun... unless I get something good to sell (I so what 99 con) anyway... I am never good at anagrams anyway...

NeobotXP said...

Oh dear, I have gotten to the point where I don't need guides for TTs, I know all anagrams and coordinates by heart...a sad & useless byproduct of slayer.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower