Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pets in Runescape

Interesting article about pets in Runescape and how they can't compete with Summoning familiars. The author is also being rather nostalgic about the times when cats ruled Runescape world :)

All true, and yet, I don't agree with author's desire to see a major "pets" update which would add "usefulness" to pets. Oh, no! Players get RL pets because they like them, not because they expect them to be useful! The same is true for Runescape pets. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

(well, if you don't take in account that shady "cats" business in West Ardougne... hmm... let's say we just close our eyes on it)

What I think would make a perfect "pets update" is an update which would expand their vocabulary. I love how my raven uses Edgar Allan Poe's phrases and I want to see more of it. In fact, I'd like to go one step further and ask for renewable vocabulary. That is, I want pet's vocabulary to change over time. Wouldn't it be cool?

No comments:

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower