Saturday, November 24, 2007

Making the Runescape Community better? Huh?

There is this bit that ticking me off.
Just read a post of a rather high-level and overall respected player. First he complained that Runescape community is bad and then he went on describing how he loves messing up with people in the game: getting them angry and rather cruelly joking on beggars. Because begging is annoying and messing up with people makes the game less boring. Then there was a bunch of supporting comments from the blog readers: "wow, cool, next time I'll do this joke too" etc.
Now, think about it, this is exactly the kind of behavior that poisons the community. It is not a bit better then begging, flaming, luring, scamming and such. If you want the community be better, start with yourself!
If you want good and nice people around you, be a good and nice person yourself!

P.S. I am not linking the post that ticked me off. My response is already too negative.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With me, if someone's nice and needs help, I either help them, or tell them i'm busy. If they're complete jerks (like the typical pure) I'll do my best to piss them off. Alright, maybe it's not the "right" thing to do, but it's certainly entertaining. ;)

Vaskor said...

You see, I have a problem with accepting "an eye for an eye" approach. It is indeed a vicious circle.
If you give back only what you get from the world, the world won't change! I believe that the only way to make your own world better is to give MORE better things and emotions back to the world. More love, more patience, more courage, more tolerance...
Yes, it won't matter much on the global scale, wars will continue and crimes won't go away, but it will matter a whole lot for you and people around you.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree Vaskor, I am currently writing a post on friends on Runescape it is a huge post and it covers ignorance similar to the top comment.

Everyone on this earth was born good it is how they see the world and what they learn from people around them that has a lot of bearing on their attitude.

A lot of players on Runescape are children and easily influenced, my son is lucky he has me to guide him, others see the way of the scammer and the unpleasant players on RS and may not have the benefit of guidance from a good player.

Treat all players with respect and they may see that as good and change their ways, if someone annoys you ignore them or change world.

New players come off tut island and are surrounded by beggers, who is there to influence them in a good way?

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower