Monday, December 3, 2007

Noobs in Runescape

Research on F2P 'noobs' population from Tiz Yeo, leader of Blessings clan.

I'd like to add my own story to it as well. Being 99 combat and 1803 total, I am rarely called 'noob', but I do get my share anyway :-) There are two scenarios, which repeat over and over again:
1. I am wearing my untrimmed Thieving cape. Someone asks me to show the emote. I comply, then the reaction follows: "Lame emote, noob". Makes me laugh every time :-)
2. I am cooking at Rogue's Den. Someone with lvl 90-100 combat suddenly says: "Look at Vaskor's highscores. Look at his total." I say: "Thanks". Then response follows: "I'll own you every time in wildy, noob!" Duh, do I care?..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The begging bit is definitely true.

Not so sure about the allocated monster bit though, although no monsters belong to anyone, it is noobish to try and take over a monster someone is training on, not only is it rude but it is very inefficient, its better to change world and find an empty spot, If someone tries to take over my training spot unless I just have a few more slayer task to kill I will log and change world, you can fight and stand your ground but your both losing out in xp.

Vaskor when people ask to see my thieve emote I tell them its carp before I do it you get an "LOL" instead if a "lame" then.

Vaskor said...

Yeah, I am too against taking others training spots and try to avoid such situations. But it is much easier to do in P2P. Tiz Yeo was F2P at the time, competition over a few training spots is fierce there.

As for the cape, yes, it would work. But it is the only skill cape I have and I personally don't think the emote is lame, so why would I lie? :-)

Anonymous said...

yeah, i a noticed a significant difference in the competition for monsters since i have enetered the p2p worlds.

Anonymous said...

No question you should avoid taking someone else's spot when possible. There are times when you cant help it, such as mining. But even then you could probably switch worlds and find an open spot. The whole noob thing works both ways also, I can't tell you how many posts Iv'e seen in the rs forums about low levels calling higher levels aggogant, or ignoring them, when they ask for help.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower