Friday, December 21, 2007

Runescape Ads Filtering

You may have noticed some changes in the blog layout. There were indeed a few things I changed in the last few days. First of all, I added the Blog History and Blog Topics sections, so you could find older posts much easier.
Also I finally decided to do something about various Runescape Gold ads, which Google kept showing in the blog. Believe me, I liked them no more than you...
People sometime think that it is easy to filter the ads, well, I can tell you it is NOT, especially for 'a one person team'. I would never be able to do it by myself. It is one of the reasons why I don't have any ads at Runewise. Fortunately, Joost from Runetower was very kind to share with me a pre-compiled filter which he and Aliensvortex from Global Runescape have created. I am very grateful for that.
So the filter is in place now and should start working within next 4-5 hours (according to Google). Hopefully, it will take care about the problem.
And the last change was simply graphical, I replaced text ads with images.

I guess that's it. Enjoy!

No comments:

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower