Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How to use the Summoning Skill

I've seen so many negative posts on forums and in blogs about Summoning being presumable useless and expensive. It bothers me. Sometime people don't even try to think and instead of exploring simply repeat what they overheard from someone else... Pity... It happened to Farming before, now it is happening to Summoning.
Anyway, I am glad there are also players who take time and effort to really research skills and reveal their true potential. Take a look at this AOW guide from Tip.it with a list of many useful applications of the Summoning Skill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too hate people who think that things are carp without even trying them.

There are 2 main problems with summoning.

1/ the timer, when your fighting a high level monster you don't want to keep checking to see if it has run out, watching prayer and hp is enough for me and the 30 second warning is easily missed.

2/ Having to top up summoning is a pain, im not going to tele to edgy 3 or 4 times through a slayer task just to use a fairy ring to top up.
The herbs are so rare to make summoning pots, I have killed lots of herb dropping monster and never had any as a drop.

I always take a familiar with me if I go into battle in a multi area but when the summoning runs out I just carry on without it.

The best thing to come out of summoning is the Chaos Dungeon.

Vaskor said...

Yeah, I have the same two problems :)
Especially the timer one, I wish there would be an 'auto-renew' button or something like that.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower