Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How about Runescape Lottery?

Do you play the Runescape Lottery? Or do you not? Good questions raised by Jax here.
Is it worth chasing big drops?

Well, I never had a single dragon or GWD drop. The best thing I got from a clue was Zamorak plate, which I sold for 900K. So, no I haven't been successful in the Runescape Lottery. But I haven't killed a lot of metal dragons either, meaning I haven't tried hard enough.

Nevertheless, I do think that chasing big drops in Runescape usually pays off and is
worthwhile doing, if you like combat and don't mind spending a lot of time at metal dragons, in GWD and other such places. With loot share system fixed, it makes perfect sense to spend more time with likewise minded friends chasing these big ticket items.

On the other hand, if you don't enjoy killing that much, there is nothing wrong with making money from skilling and merchanting.

I guess it all goes down to personality, what else?..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never played Runescape for money, I like to play efficiently but I play for fun, I would never kill thousands of iron dragons for a visage if im not getting slayer xp for it.
With this strategy I had 2 visage drops in 2 weeks, I even had a Zammy hilt drop in the same 2 weeks soloing K'ril after a slayer task in GWD.
I will kill monsters for a change, I spent a day at terror dogs made just under 2m, went to mith dragons yesterday made about 1m.
I don't even wear ring of wealth any more except abbys, metal dragons and big bosses, I prefer to take berserker ring to get the task done quicker, cash comes anyway.
I don't begrudge people killing multiple monsters for drops but unless they do it because they enjoy they are missing a lot.

Anonymous said...

I've nevfer tried to get a rare drop just because it is too time consuming for something. It's the same way with treasure trails, if you have good luck, go for it. As for me, I'll just runecraft for my money and just enjoy the thrill of combat without specifically going for a rare drop.

Anonymous said...

I never have any luck doing things like this anyway. I remember getting several fishing levels trying to get an over-sized bass to stuff and hang on my wall; I must have killed around 8-9k basilisks now without a single head to also stuff and put on my wall.

My Skill Hall and I have discussed it and it no longer wants stuffed creatures on its wall.

What do you mean insanity... talking to Skill Halls? I killed 8-9k basilisks, you think I came out of that sane?

Vaskor said...

I got my oversized bass when I was 50 fishing or so. Of course I had no idea what it is for, so I cooked it and it became just "cooked fish". Ate it :-)

Never god any other stuffing materials - I bet Gielinor Gods won't let me have another one ever - and I can't blame them...

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower