Saturday, May 3, 2008

10 most important video games

Arguably the 10 most important video games. It is hard to argue with this scientifically approved list, but while it is true for the whole gaming industry, the list means almost nothing for an individual player. I bet every one of us have his/her own list.

Here is mine. 10 video games that influenced my life:
1. Tetris (haven't we all played it at some point?)
2. Prince of Persia (I still have it on my machine, but I sure can't beat it now. It is just amazing how much patience I used to have when I was younger...)
3. King's Bounty (if you don't know what this game is - it is a precursor to the Heroes of Might and Magic series. I still have this game and occasionally play it. Believe it or not, it is still playable)
4. Heroes I, II and III (can't beat this series - it was and maybe still is the best fantasy strategy game)
5. Angband (that where MUDs (Multi-User Dungeon) started from. Classic.)
6. Quake I (Yeah, as little as I play shooters, I paid my tribute to the multi-combat hell of Quake. Good old days :-) )
7. First Russian MUD (don't remember the name... My first MMORPG)
8. An English MUD "Realm of Despair" (logical continuation I guess).
9. Baldur's Gate I and II (no rivalries)
10. Runescape (duh!)

What is yours?

6 comments:

Jalen Boutte said...

Top 10:

Runescape
World of Warcarft
Trials 2
God of War Series
Halo Series
Mr./Mrs. Pacman
Tetris
Midnight Pool
Dragon Ball Z Series!
Pokemon Series!

I don't know about the last two, but really, who hasn't played at least one Pokemon or Dragon Ball Z game?

IVIilitarus said...

I haven't played Dragonball Z or Pokemon.

Harsh, eh ?

Vaskor said...

I haven't either :-) It is very different for different people.

Anonymous said...

1. Diablo/Diablo2
2. Might and Magic 7 & 8
3. Arcanum
4. Starcraft
5. Warcraft 1/2 (not online)
6. Runescape (1st MMORPG for me)
7. W.O.W. (online version)
8. Mechwarrior (love this game)
9. pacman (1st vg ever played)
10.Chess (yes I like it)

00chief00

Anonymous said...

I can't resist a list.

1. Pong (first video game I ever saw - yep, I'm old)
2. The Bard's Tale (for Commodore 64, major time waster)
3. Tempest
4. Fantasy (?) (Great game for the Amiga)
5. Tetris
6. Myst
7. Civilization
8. Rollacoaster tycoon
9. Axis and Allies board game that I played via email. (Hey, if the game is good it doesn't need graphics or even a UI)
10. Runescape

rs items said...

rguably the most important video games.runescape,wow,guild wars 2,diablo 3,lol and so onCheap League of Legends Boost
Buy League of Legends Coaching

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower