Sunday, June 15, 2008

Update on the fight against the cheating RS Blog

I got a response from Google (Blogger team) regarding my complain about the cheating RS blog that steals content from Sal's. See "fight against the cheating blog" post for more details.

Essentially, they want me to file an official DMCA complain. But the problem is that only the actual owner of the stolen content can do that... In case of this blog it means Sal's, not me.

I still think that "flagging" the cheating blog should make an impact if enough people do that, but I am afraid that unless Sal's makes a legal move, there is not much else that can be done.

4 comments:

Jax said...

This website and its contents are Copyright 2008 Sal's Realm of RuneScape.All Rights Reserved.
We are only a help site . runescape-powerleveling.blogspot.com
RuneScape ® is a trademark of Jagex Software © 1999 - 2008 Andrew Gower and Jagex, Ltd.

Found that at the bottom of their website. I find it interesting that they know what they are doing is stealing and legitimize it like this.

IVIilitarus said...

It looks like it's been unflagged.

Vaskor said...

Jax, this is new. Before we started this campaign they did not have Sal's copyright in there. I guess we forced them to do that.

Vaskor said...

By the way, it still does not make it legal, unless they got permission from Sal's which I doubt they did.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower