Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update on the fight against the cheating RS Blog

I don't know what to think now. I posted about the situation with the cheating blog on Sal's site feedback forum. The post stayed there for about half a day with a few responses and then got quietly deleted. Not closed or edited, but deleted along with responses. I wasn't banned, warned or got any kind of notification. Like nothing happened. Does it mean Sal's actually gave permission to the cheating blog to re-publish content? Or does it mean they don't care or just don't want a hustle? Or there are other motives I have no idea about?

Who knows...
The only thing that clear is that they don't want to talk about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you publish the URL of the site.

Every one who adds the site address to their website is effectively promoting the site on the search engines, perhaps they didn't want to help it.

Most sites on my blog have a no follow attribute added, good ones such as yours and the genuine fan sites/blogs I remove the no follow.

Vaskor said...

Yes, I put the cheating blog's URL to that post, but not as a link, so it wouldn't matter for search engines.

But if it was that, someone could simply edit the post, or at least let me know why the thread was deleted.

The way it was handled was not very tactful and now I can only guess the reasons.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower