Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where is a the line between Runescape and Reality? Is there one?

Where is that line? Is there indeed one? I don't know... But if there is such a line, it is so blurred.

For instance, you may very well end up talking to FBI or even find yourself behind bars for things you may say inside the game. Sounds harsh, but, nevertheless, quite real.

And, by the way, while I personally think that Korihor went too far in that case, I understand his position and I agree that what this kid was doing could be very well considered to be publicly voiced death threats. Thus the retribution...

2 comments:

Bl00dy Ax3 said...

I really think that there is a clear line between Runescape and Reality... However some people can't find the line. I heard of a guy who suicide because he got scammed in Runescape (Before GE). He jumped out of his apartment!

Derek,
http://www.makingrunescapemillions.wordpress.com/

Vaskor said...

Thank you for the comment, Derek. And good luck with your site. I subscribed to your RSS feed :-)

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower