Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Runescape HD

Or should I say "Runescape 3" is out? Simply amazing.

But very demanding for the computer power. My 2G RAM, 2.0GH laptop was lagging badly in populated areas like the GE or Castle Wars. I went for a walk, enjoyed the scenery, but then reluctantly switched back to the old version of the game for my daily Farming run...

I guess I need a new laptop...

Second part of the update, full screen mode, is not very good, though. Well, graphics are awesome, don't take me wrong, but all the controls from the old interface look so out of place. Chat window, panels, bank screen, dialogs, everything - very ugly. There should be completely new interface developed for the full screen mode, otherwise it only harms. The only excuse is that it is marked as "beta", so maybe new interface will come soon. We'll see.

P.S. And by the way, if you haven't tried the new world map, try it - it is so much more convenient to use now.

P.P.S And, yes, the new Runescape web site looks great too.

4 comments:

IVIilitarus said...

Members only. Cruel.

Anonymous said...

They have put a great deal of work into this and it shows, so I applaud them for that. However lagg is a major issue and will definitely need to be addressed. I had to use the older style just to get around, and my computer is fairly new. Hope they continue to tweak the game but a good start.

Anonymous said...

The lag is obviously going to disappear. Everyone knows that the first few days the worlds are going to be flooded with people checking out the new graphics.

I think the updates are stunning. Full screen mode is incredible. I love the new control format as well. Like with most updates, it takes geting used to, but it is a great upgrade.

Sadly, reading forums just shows the complete pettiness of some people. The game undergoes MAJOR changes which took forever to work on and people say "I don't like the way my pigtails look" or "they changed the dance emote."

What's funny to me is people complaining about the price increase on the forums, which are members only. If you're posting in a members only area, then you're already a member. Prices aren't going up for people who are already members. No one pays attention..

Anonymous said...

a reminder: You signed up for firemaking for countdown to 99. it starts sunday. good luck!!!!!!!

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower