Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Hunter in the Wilderness

Two things happened yesterday. First, I got myself a new laptop and was able to play in HD full screen mode. Second, I went hunting for revenants into the Wilderness. Wow! It was one of the best experiences I had in Runescape ever.

Enormousness, darkness, emptiness and gloominess of the Wilderness magnified by the HD graphics is something to behold. Now add there a thrill of hunting and joy of battle and you'll get the picture.

I started from Edgeville and wandered in broad curves all the way up to the Axe Hut and back killing several revenant orcs and werewolves along the way. So what can I say? If you like soloing and role playing, try it - you can hardly get more complete experience in the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only killed a few Revenants but am wondering why they have such a bad reputation. I only use Black DH armor, some food, and pray defense and protection.

Even with the new ring the few drops I've had were very poor. Did you get any decent drops?

It is fun standing and fighting creatures that other players run away from.

Vaskor said...

No, I only got some money as drops. Nothing spectacular. But I wasn't there looking for profit or combat exp :-)

G said...

I've only killed revs when I've been in groups in the wildy doing something like a Chaos Elemental trip or when one attacks en route to KBD.

Not a fan of these things, many have made me end up in Camelot with only 3 items. Thank god for blessing graves...

Much respect to those who seek them out and kill them.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower