Monday, August 18, 2008

So... How does it feel to be muted in Runescape?

So many great articles appeared in the last few days, I just can't keep up with them. But that's obviously a good problem to have :-) I'll try to feature all of them in days to come.

Today I'd like to point you to yet another great post from G about his experiences of being muted in Runescape for 24 hours. Quite a story.

I was never muted myself, so it is hard for me to imagine how does it feel, but in my opinion "permanent mute" should be excluded from the list of punishments for good. It is not a punishment that leads to redemption - it is simply an act of cruelty and nothing else.

1 comment:

G said...

Thanks again for the link! I continue to love your articles and your perception on the game.

As for this, I lost my head for about 10 seconds and I just want it known that its very unlike me. No real excuse, just know that anyone is watching whenever. Always better to just log or walk away. Its one of the weird instances where you get punished, if even for a short time, and definitely learn your lesson.

Permanent mute for me (which thankfully will never happen), would make me want to quit. Maybe its why they installed the quickchat, but its still a tough pill to swallow, if i can use an old cliche.

Even skillers are human and vent out some times, but as for this one, it wont happen again :)

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower