Sunday, September 14, 2008

Safe Spots in Runescape

New article in Tip.it Times about HD update bringing not only new graphics, but also changing safe spots locations all over Runescape. I noticed it too, though I am not using safe spots that often anymore. The one I noticed was in Taverly dungeon (the room with Black Demons). It used to be a reliable safe spot, now it is "semi-safe". I am still able to cannon there, but it takes more effort in keeping it going smoothly. Actually, more fun!

One other thing I though about in regards of the safe spots is that I am rarely using them now. Higher combat level and ability to use healing gear like Guthans and Saradomin Godsword made safe spots rather redundant to me. It is now much faster to engage monsters in hand-to-hand combat than ranging them from a corner or behind some rock formations.

Does it happen to you too? Higher combat means less safe spotting all the way down to no safe spotting all together?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a safe spot at black demons that was taken out before the HD update, the opposite side of the dungeon to the blue dragon entrance, just south a bit, first they took the ability to load your cannon from the safe spot, then they put it back, then they took it away again and made it so demons could attack you from either side of the pillar, Duno if that is the one your on about.

I no longer use Guthans, I use Bandos and a Bunyip, sometimes 2 bunyips and a summoning pot, no need to repair my guthans, no slow training because spear is carp, no getting low before healing, just take a few sharks in case you take a bit too much damage, good on most monsters for slayer.

I still pray for black demons and Dark Beasts but turn off prayer to save pots until my health gets low, put prayer back on to heal with the bunyip and repeat.

99 mage and range I don't need to, use safe spots so don't except greaters at G'tanoth (sp) for slayer where I range from behind the fence.

G said...

I try to safe spot as much as I can. I'm not that big into cb as some are. I'd gladly safe spot and range than use pray pots and food, some trips can get rather costly if you don't diy all your supplies. Plus its kind of awesome how effective broad bolts are for their price.

I think I might be the only one at my level that hasn't used Guthans. I'm kind of a moron when it comes to Barrows armor. I should check it out though, I hate having to leave a slayer task to go get more food. Especially if I was at Hellhouds before being able to use at least the Blue Drag pipe. I think I'm just adverse to long walks :)

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower