Saturday, October 18, 2008

Private RSOF forums for Clan leaders and Maxed-out players

Just stumbled upon this news. Jagex announced two private forums: one for well known clan leaders and another for players who reached 99 in every skill.

It's good to see such attention toward clans and their needs, though I am curious what is the selection criteria is. I know, there are several clan leaders reading this blog, I wonder if any of you got invited?

However, forum for maxed-out players IMHO is not such a great idea. Additional perk and stimuli to play the game till the end - yes. Vehicle for receiving valid feedback about leveling at higher levels - I am not so sure. From what I saw in posts and articles from such players, the way they trained their stills is suicidal and I would never ever recommend others to play the game in such a manner.

4 comments:

Timothy Gold said...

To be fair, it isn't "the way" that these max leveled players are training which is suicidal, but the time they spend on the game.

I'm sure they're still fully aware of the more effecient methods of getting their stats up.

I personally feel that the additions of these two forums was a brilliant stroke by Jagex. On one hand, the super high levels can contribute more actively to the gaming community, while on the other, they get to wear their exclusive membership there like a badge of honour.

Anonymous said...

Im not sure how busy the forum would be after the novelty has worn off.
I think it is nice for the people with maxed stats to have something to recognise their efforts.

Perhaps now the top players are recognised on the forum they will get their own super status cape with emote and guild, there may not be many there at the moment but the numbers will grow.

I can see the amount of clans shooting up now and fights over leadership, it will be interesting to see how you qualify for inclusion.

Vaskor said...

Just to illustrate my point, here is an extract from an interview with one of the first 99 Summoners:

Q: Of the wide variety of pets and monsters, which has been your favourite so far?

A: To be honest, I'm a noob summoner. I don't know much about any of them, I just skill.

G said...

The 99 forum sounds interesting. However, you pointed out that high xp doesn't equal knowledge of the game. it is good to know that they are taking into consideration what higher level players want. Once you get into the 70s or so of a skill, there's not many new things you can do. Motivation can be hard to come by for some. Take Range for example, sure you can hit more, but you can't do anything at 90 that you can't do at 75... Having high requirements for the Varrock Diary got me to train a lot of skill I wouldn't normally. If we get something worth training through the 80s for, then I'm all for it.

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower