Sunday, November 23, 2008

Runescape Inverviews

Two interviews posted on RuneAddict (actually, there are more, if you like these two, you might want to take a look).

The first interview is with a maxed out player (Timlahaye) who took only 2 year to get there. There is something so alien about the way this kid play (or should I say work?) the game. For me it is scary to even think about devoting so much time and effort to the online game (though I do like playing Runescape very much).

Question: how much XP do you average per day, and how long do you usually play daily on average?
Timlahaye: 5m or so lately. But I am not sure on the hours average. Maybe 15?


The second interview is with a pure skiller (Elishot) with 2ooM Thieving exp and a few other skills way beyond 99. This one is more human. One thing that especially got my attention was a point Elishot made about Skill Capes.

Question: What was your favorite and least favorite updates that Jagex has done recently?
Elishot: A lot of people are going to disagree with me on this but the skill cape releases really ticked me off after a while. At first I thought they were great, but then I realized they are entirely based on showing off, and they HAVE changed the meaning of getting a 99. Before them, people actually trained what they liked, instead of trying to get a skill cape. Before, 99 was something that was not common and was looked at differently then now. Now people go for 99s just to get a cape.. and some people don't even like the stats that they train, they just want the pretty cape.


Interesting perspective, isn't it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not about the actual subject, but my computer said it found Trojan Spy tryings to acess my computer after I clicked on the link to the first interveiw >.<

G said...

I'm going to wait until I get home to read the interviews. The Trojan Spy comment kind of scares me away from looking at it on a work computer when I should be working.

I love my skill cape. I love that they have individual emotes. That said, I completely agree with his comments. It is about showing off. Yes it has decent stats, better trimmed, but there are better capes out there. I have one in one of the slower xp skills, but its because I love it. I know many players that will just pay and spend maybe 2 weeks getting a Fletching or Cooking cape, but then they never do it again. Where's the fun in that? Total levels has always been more interesting than a cape.

Play what you like to play. It's a game, not work.

G said...

Blah I need to clarify. The comment about total levels, I mean of course with the exception of whether or not that player truly loves what they are doing. If they play because they only like one skill, then god bless 'em. Keep at it!

Vaskor said...

I checked and double-checked the link, I don't see anything wrong with it. RuneAdiict is a good and honest web site.

Maybe it was some chance ad on that site that caused it. It happens even with Runescape web site as I heard.

I personally not getting any warnings from my antivirus or firewall viewing these interviews.

Vaskor said...

As for capes, for me it is a mixture. I will get the Farming cape soon, just because I love farming, I never pushed that skill - just used it. Similar with Thieving, though, there were some stretches after 92 when I was deliberately running laps in the pyramid to simply get exp. Fortunately, I liked that minigame till the very end (still playing it occasionally). But Cooking and Firemaking capes which I will also get soon are different. After 90 I was pushing them up specifically for the capes (going slow and not overdoing it, but I wouldn't do it at all if I didn't have the capes in mind).

Anonymous said...

My Mum looked what it said up on the interne,t and apparantly it's a message from Windows to get you to buy their anti-virus software.

Anonymous said...

Vaskor, I'm really glad you liked the interviews :). As for the people who were saying something about a Trojan Spy virus, I can assure you that RuneAddict is totally clean, I just recently scanned the server myself, however it MAY have been caused by our ads, we recently switched to Clicksor ads and have since removed them due to many reasons.

Thankyou again :).

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower