Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Grandmaster Quest (While Guthix Sleeps)

DONE!

It took me about 6-7 hours to complete it without a guide. Very, very long quest with a decent story and generous rewards. 400K exp went to Runecrafting (Yay!). The final battle wasn't very hard, though it took me two attempts to beat the boss (during the second attempt I prayed against Magic and had DFS equipped and the battle went much easier).

If you intend to tackle the quest without a guide, just two little tips (I think Jagex went overkill in these two areas):

  • Wear the Ring of Charos when talking to the laundry man.
  • Have a death rune with you when trying to get to the Lucien's camp.
Everything else flows quite nicely without a guide.

Good luck!

P.S. Anyone knows what's up with that fog in Shilo village? It's hard to see...

P.P.S. How come dead Slayer masters are still employed in Gielinor?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh you spoilt it for me now.

I thought the slayer masters and other heroes would be brought back to life in the quest, its so so sad.

But I am quite happy working for a ghost.

I really wanted to side with Lucien on this quest, shame you didnt get the choice.

Interesting wording the FIRST grandmaster quest, there are more to come.

Just wondered why they listed the 12 quests required to start the quest when you need all quest points anyway.

Grats on getting it done.

Anonymous said...

I have just finished the quest, not as difficult as I expected, not as long as I expected. more of a grandmother than a grand master quest, I thought I was half way through last night when I met the Guthix bird thingy.

The slayer masters are still dead they have disciples in their place, well Duradel does anyway.

Vaskor said...

Hmm, right after the quest I went and checked Duradel and he was still there. But now I see this Disciple of Devourer instead. I guess it was a temporary glitch or maybe I get to see the disciple only after I reload the game with fresh login.

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up for in quest of
extra of your fantastic post. Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks

My web blog: bock of ra

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower