Friday, July 4, 2008

Update on the fight against the cheating RS Blog

It might be the last post in this series.

The initiative definitely had an impact (which shows a power of the RS blogger community), though, not the one I hoped for. In fact, I might be loosing some illusions regarding one of the major RS fan sites I used to respect a lot. But I am not going to dig into my suspicions, who knows, I might be totally wrong there. I'll just list the fact and dates and you decide for yourself.

June 6: I bumped into Runescape Powerleveling Blog and realized that they steal guides from Sal's.
June 6: I wrote a personal note to Salmoneus, but didn't receive any replies (which is quite normal when you try to write to one of the major RS sites owners out of the blue).
June 8: Starting the campaign against the cheating blog. My first post about the issue: Lets try to close one of the cheating Runescape Blogs. A lot of people participated.
June 14: I got a response from Google (Blogspot team) saying that only the actual owner of the stolen content (meaning Sal's) can file a DMCA complain against the offender in order for Google to close that blog.
June 15: My second post about the issue: Update on the fight against the cheating RS Blog
June 15: The cheating blog added the following disclaimer at the bottom of their pages:
This website and its contents are Copyright 2008 Sal's Realm of RuneScape.All Rights Reserved.

June 16: I posted on Sal's feedback forum about the issue and about the cheating blog using Sal's copyright message.
June 17: My post was deleted from the forum without any explanations by Sal's administration.
June 17: My third post about the issue: Update on the fight against the cheating RS Blog
June 23: The following message (with a proper link) appeared at the top of every guide in the Runescape Powerleveling Blog:
Article From
runescape.salmoneus.net
June 24: Runewise was successfully hacked for the first time in 1.5 years of service (which may be a pure coincidence, of course).
July 4: I am writing this post, cheating blog is alive, Sal's gets visitors from that blog. The order is restored, isn't it?

2 comments:

IVIilitarus said...

Order has been restored.

chaos plz !!!//1one!!1

Joost said...

That's sad. :P

 
2006-2009 RuneWise, all rights reserved.
Reproducing or copying any material found on this page is not allowed.
Runescape is a trademark of Jagex 2000-2009 Andrew Gower